FAF Rule Book 2020 Category Changes
See Fine Arts Guidelines for all changes
Graphic Design Sizing Rule
It has come to our attention that there was a mistake in the National Fine Arts Festival rule book regarding Graphic Design minimum sizing requirements. Entries, including mounting, must be no smaller than 4 by 6 inches and no larger than 18 by 24 inches. The discrepancy is on page 27 and 28 of the official Fine Arts rule book where it accidentally states the minimum as 8 by 10 inches. We have adjusted the digital rule books to state 4 by 6 as the smallest, but the printed rule books and previously downloaded versions of the rule book will state differently.
Six video sessions
Leader guides with discussion questions and activities
Social media postables
NEW INFORMATION REGARDING THE PEN FLORIDA DISTRICT FINE ARTS FESTIVAL
Thank you for your patience and understanding as we all continue to navigate these uncharted, continually evolving times. We appreciate our Pen Florida District Executive Leadership for their prayer and consideration of many elements as they made the decision, in everyone’s best interest, to postpone this year’s festival.
We will be going to a Virtual Festival for solo categories in the upcoming weeks. Group categories will automatically advance to nationals. Besides the obvious Group categories, groups would also include: Promo Video, Short Film, Children’s Lit, Percussion Unconventional, and Songwriting as more than one person can enter each of these categories.
Before we can discuss the specifics of a virtual festival, we MUST know the following information.
- If you have submitted registered entries that intend to attend the National Fine Arts Festival in Columbus, Ohio on August 3-7, 2020 we must know who they are.
- We will ONLY register and enter into the Fine Arts database those who intend to go to Nationals. If you do not reply and an entry is not included, they cannot receive a rating and the National office will not allow them to participate on the national level.
Please reply to email@example.com with the following information no later than Friday, April 3rd:
- A complete list of ALL registered GROUP ENTRIES as well as the INDIVIDUAL ENTRIES that intend to go to the National Fine Arts Festival should they advance.
- We will charge those entries $10 per person, per entry and REFUND the remaining funds already paid.
- If NONE of your entries from your church intend to go to the National Festival should they advance – please let us know.
- A FULL REFUND of all registration fees paid will be refunded.
- If you have a MIX of some will go to nationals and some will not – we need to know EXACTLY which solos and which groups will go and which will not. Be clear and organized. A REFUND will be given based on who remains registered.
- Preordered t-shirts will still be honored, unless you state that you want those cancelled.
- If we do not hear from you by Friday, April 3rd, refunds will not be given and entries will not be included.
- No new entries will be accepted into the office after March 30th.
Once we hear from you and your students have been entered into the system, you will receive a confirmation list of all who have been registered.
Please note that the deadline to register for National Fine Arts is June 1st. At this time there has not been an indication that they will cancel, but their situation is also fluid as they monitor the COVID-19 situation across our country.
If you have questions, please let us know.
PFYouth District Youth Director